By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OMG CelebOMG CelebOMG Celeb
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Reading: Dame Prue Leith shares advice for new Bake Off host Nigella Lawson and why she really decided to leave beloved show
Share
Font ResizerAa
OMG CelebOMG Celeb
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
OMG Celeb > News > Dame Prue Leith shares advice for new Bake Off host Nigella Lawson and why she really decided to leave beloved show
News

Dame Prue Leith shares advice for new Bake Off host Nigella Lawson and why she really decided to leave beloved show

News Room
Last updated: February 21, 2026 12:38 pm
News Room Published February 21, 2026
Share
SHARE

Dame Prue Leith has shared her advice for the new host of the Great British Bake Off, Nigella Lawson.

The 86-year-old joined Paul Hollywood as a judge on the beloved baking show for nine years, joining the programme in 2017 when it moved from the BBC to Channel 4.

© Instagram / @britishbakeoff
Prue was on the GBBO for nine years

Now, in a new interview with the Telegraph, Prue has revealed her advice for Nigella as she passes over the baton. 

She told the publication when asked what her pearls of wisdom are: “Just enjoy it, because you’ll never have a nicer job.”

Nigella Lawson is the new judge
Nigella Lawson is the new judge

Prue’s shock decision

During the conversation, Prue also shed more light on her reasons for departing the show, explaining that she didn’t want to “overstay her welcome” and came after “dithering” on the idea for two years.

Prue said: “I’ve never wanted to overstay my welcome in anything. Just like you don’t want to stay too long at a dinner party, I think it’s important to leave while you’re happy and enjoying it and people aren’t fed up with you.”

Matt Lucas with Noel Fielding, Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith © Instagram
Prue said she was thinking about the decision for two years

The TV cook admitted that she has never watched an episode of the series because she “hardly ever” watches TV.

She added: “If I do it’ll be a travel programme, because my husband likes things involving people going to extraordinary places.”

Not slowing down

Despite leaving the programme, Prue has shown no signs of slowing down. Earlier this week, she opened London Fashion Week.

Strutting down the catwalk, Prue simply dazzled in an orange, environmentally friendly suit that formed part of eco-designers Vin + Omi’s show. 

A photo of Prue Leith walking down a catwalk with fashion designers Omi and Vin© Getty Images
Omi and Vin are good friends with the former Great British Bakeoff host

The two-piece was a very special ensemble, created in fabric made out of holly from King Charles’ private estate.

It was  the avant-garde designers’ fourth in their collaboration with King Charles as part of an ongoing project that involves recycling waste products from the monarch’s estates and fashioning them into clothing.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Cruz Beckham sparks major fan reaction with photo of brother Brooklyn Beckham after claims he ‘doesn’t want reconciliation’

Kathy Bates showcases 100lb weight loss transformation in glamorous outing

Charli XCX: See Pics of the Singer Over the Years

Crown Princess Mette-Marit criticised royal wedding in leaked email to Jeffrey Epstein

Shia LaBeouf’s telling comments on parenting daughter with estranged wife Mia Goth

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
Popular News
News

Meghan Markle debuts slicked-back ‘halo’ hair for 2026

News Room News Room January 10, 2026
Orlando Bloom Exits Super Bowl Arm-in-Arm With Swiss Model Luisa Laemmel
Natalie Portman Then & Now: Photos of the Oscar-Winning Actress
Miley Cyrus’ Dating History: Her Exes & Current Engagement to Maxx Morando
Cruz Beckham’s throwback photos with Brooklyn Beckham spark conversation amid ongoing family feud
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

OMG Celeb

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?