By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OMG CelebOMG CelebOMG Celeb
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Reading: King Charles breaks his silence after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest
Share
Font ResizerAa
OMG CelebOMG Celeb
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
OMG Celeb > Royalty > King Charles breaks his silence after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest
Royalty

King Charles breaks his silence after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest

News Room
Last updated: February 19, 2026 5:51 pm
News Room Published February 19, 2026
Share
SHARE

King Charles has shared a statement regarding the arrest of his brother, the former Prince Andrew. Earlier today, Andrew was arrested by the Thames Valley police due to his connections to Jeffrey Epstein. 

© Max Mumby/Indigo
King Charles has broken his silence regarding his brother’s arrest

Charles shared the statement from Buckingham Palace. “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” it reads. 

“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all,” he concluded, signing the statement “Charles R.” 

His statement follows his brother’s historic arrest, which began in the morning, with police officers surrounding Woods Farm in Sandringham, the estate where Andrew has been living after he was asked to move out of the Royal Lodge.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on 66th birthday in stunning Jeffrey Epstein investigation development© Getty Images
Prince Andrew was arrested on the morning of his birthday

“As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk,” said the Thames Valley police.

“The man remains in police custody at this time.”

The British Prime Minister, Kier Starmer, shared a statement before news of Andrew’s arrest. “Nobody is above the law,” he said. 

Why was Andrew arrested?

King Charles removes Prince Andrew’s titles, announces his Royal Lodge exit: 'These censures are deemed necessary'© Max Mumby/Indigo
Late last year, Andrew was stripped of his royal titles

Andrew’s life has been greatly affected by his connection and friendship with the late Jeffrey Epstein, with Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein’s most notorious survivors, accusing Andrew of sexual assault. Andrew has denied any wrongdoing and settled Giuffre’s allegation in 2022. 

According to Thames Valley police, the department was recently investigating allegations that claimed Andrew shared confidential government reports with Epstein between 2010 and 2011, when he served as the UK trade envoy. 

The allegations were first made public earlier this year, when the US Department of Justice dropped the final batch of Epstein files. Various emails appear to connect Epstein and Andrew, with Epstein receiving information from someone referred to as “The Duke.” There’s also a photo of Andrew leaning over a woman on the floor. 

Before he was stripped of his titles last year, Andrew was known as a Prince and as the Duke of York. Andrew has denied any wrongdoing, and the police have yet to share more information. 

Giuffre included a photo of herself, Andrew and Maxwell in her memoir, 'Nobody's Girl'© Anadolu via Getty Images
Giuffre included a photo of herself, Andrew and Maxwell in her memoir, ‘Nobody’s Girl’

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Where are Queen Elizabeth’s corgis? Their life after Prince Andrew’s move

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands follows Princess Amalia and joins the army as a reservist

Who led royal fashion expenses in 2025? $1.6M collectively and an unexpected #1

Celebrating apart for the first time and a possible visit from King Felipe

Queen Mary of Denmark’s gala style at 54 draws comparisons to Queen Sofía

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
Popular News
Entertainment

Tessa Thompson and Jon Bernthal star in Netflix’s sexy new thriller ‘His & Hers’

News Room News Room January 10, 2026
Harper Beckham’s emotional 4-word tribute to her mother Victoria revealed amid family feud
Barack Obama Makes First Public Appearance Since Trump Ape Video
Love Tana Ramsay’s mother of the bride Victoria Beckham dress? This style dupe is unbeatable
Kai Cenat Shares Update on Fashion Pursuit After Stepping Back From Streaming
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

OMG Celeb

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?