Queen Camilla has become the first royal to break their cover following the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The royal, 78, was seen out in Westminster as she headed to the Sinfonia Smith Square Hall in Westminster. Sinfonia Smith Square is an arts organisation and orchestra formed out of the merger of Southbank Sinfonia and St John’s Smith Square.
Camilla was seen getting a round of applause as she entered the room to watch the lunchtime performance, she was also presented with a bouquet of white flowers. Camilla looked lovely as she arrived for the outing in an all-black outfit, accessorising with a pair of chic earrings.
It’s been a busy week for Camilla, who visited Vintners’ Hall, which is the headquarters of the Worshipful Company of Vintners, on Wednesday night.
Speaking about her love of wine, Camilla said: “Probably everybody knows my love of wine, it’s in my blood and I was brought up by a father whose passion was wine, without a doubt. We drank wine as children, we grew up like the French.
“I remember the early days of going to Bordeaux with my father and wine-tasting, which was very interesting, learning how to spit properly. I wanted to say thank you to all of you here for contributing so much to one of the best industries there is.”
Earlier on Wednesday, she and husband King Charles visited the Barking and Dagenham College in East London. The couple were joined by Sir Idris Elba to hear about the education that the institution offers, including acting and plumbing courses.
Andrew’s arrest
Plain-clothed police officers were seen arriving at Sandringham, the King’s private estate in Norfolk, in patrol cars just after 8am on Thursday. The former Prince is living at Wood Farm Cottage after the King evicted him from his home of 22 years, Royal Lodge, in Windsor.
Andrew is now in custody, as police carry out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk, Thames Valley police said.
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office. It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
Read the full article here





