By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OMG CelebOMG CelebOMG Celeb
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Reading: Mette-Marit faces new questions after report reveals what she didn’t say about Jeffrey Epstein
Share
Font ResizerAa
OMG CelebOMG Celeb
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
OMG Celeb > Royalty > Mette-Marit faces new questions after report reveals what she didn’t say about Jeffrey Epstein
Royalty

Mette-Marit faces new questions after report reveals what she didn’t say about Jeffrey Epstein

News Room
Last updated: March 31, 2026 10:20 pm
News Room Published March 31, 2026
Share
SHARE

Mette-Marit can’t shake off her past. The Crown Princess of Norway is once again at the center of public debate after an investigation revealed some details about Jeffrey Epstein that she did not disclose during her recent televised interview.

© Rune Hellestad – Corbis
Mette-Marit had a friendship with Jeffrey Epstein

On March 19, after eight weeks of silence, Mette-Marit gave an interview to the Norwegian public broadcaster NRK,  addressing her past ties with Epstein. The appearance sparked mixed reactions across the country. While she was praised for speaking publicly, the 20-minute interview left many questions unanswered. Casting a shadow over her response and behavior is the fact that Epstein had already been convicted of child prostitution by the time he and Mette-Marit became acquainted.

In the interview, Mette-Marit revealed that during a stay at Epstein’s mansion in Palm Beach, she experienced a situation that made her feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Despite the interviewer’s insistence, she declined to provide further details.

A new report by the Norwegian outlet TV2 claims to have uncovered a possible explanation. “She was asked to call a 17-year-old girl,” states the outlet, as translated by our sister website HOLA! Spain.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit says she was “manipulated” in Epstein relationship as she breaks silence© NRK
Crown Princess Mette-Marit says she was “manipulated” in Epstein relationship as she breaks silence

What Mette Marit said

During the interview, Mette-Marit was asked whether she had ever seen or experienced anything that could have hinted at what is now known about Epstein. “No, I did not,” she said. “Everyone I met with Epstein was an adult. I never witnessed anything illegal, but Epstein behaved toward me in a way that I did not like. I cannot hide that.”

Pressed for more details, she added, “On the last day of our stay in Palm Beach, he put me in a situation that made me feel so unsafe that I called home to speak with Haakon. But I maintained contact with him for some time after that. I think it was probably because he was so manipulative and took advantage of the fact that we had a mutual friend. I’m naive. I like to believe the best in people. But I eventually chose to cut off contact, and it was because of episodes like that.”

When asked again to elaborate, she declined, concluding the subject. Her husband, Crown Prince Haakon, intervened, saying that she was put in “a situation that made her feel unsafe, and she no longer wanted to be there.”

The content in her emails

According to TV2’s analysis of emails exchanged between Epstein and Mette Marit during her stay in Florida, she expressed discomfort with some of his requests. The outlet reports that Epstein asked her to call a 17-year-old girl he referred to as his goddaughter.

The alleged exchange, dated January 7, 2013, took place while Mette-Marit was staying at Epstein’s Palm Beach residence. The outlet provided a look at the emails. While it is unclear what he initially asked of her, she wrote, “Nooo, that’s too embarrassing. I’m that shy.” 

Mette-Marit makes surprise return after weeks away — sending a clear message about her future as queen© Photonews via Getty Images
Mette-Marit makes surprise return after weeks away — sending a clear message about her future as queen

“Please, it’s for my goddaughter,” Epstein replied.

“Okay, I’ll try to gather some courage after the beach,” responded Mette-Marit.

Hours later, she appeared to have changed her mind. “Jeffrey, I’m not going to call her. It makes me uncomfortable. Instead, I’ll prepare a gift for your goddaughter,” she wrote.

“She is 17 and thought it would be very fun. But I don’t want you to feel awkward. Did you have a good day? Boris arrives Thursday at midnight,” Epstein replied. Although Mette-Marit has not publicly named this individual, Norwegian media outlets identify him as Boris Nikolic, a former advisor to Bill Gates.

TV2 has asked the Norwegian Royal House whether these emails correspond to the “uncomfortable” episode referenced in the interview. The palace responded that Mette-Marit does not wish to provide more clarification.

The outlet notes that the exchange aligns with her explanation given in 2019, when it first became public that the Crown Princess had been in contact with Epstein. At the time, an official statement said that the relationship ended “because she felt that Epstein was trying to use his connection with the Crown Princess in dealings with others.”

That explanation is consistent with what has been widely documented about Epstein’s behavior and M.O. Over the years, Epstein built an extensive network of powerful contacts, with many of his victims claiming that he would leverage these relationships to gain trust and access to young women while also ensuring that his behavior was kept private. 

Haakon makes it clear there will be no reign without Mette-Marit: “I always want her on my team”© Corbis via Getty Images
Haakon makes it clear there will be no reign without Mette-Marit: “I always want her on my team”

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Prince Harry, Justin Trudeau, Eileen Gu’s photo goes viral

Prince Louis and Prince Harry comparisons grow as royal watchers notice similar traits

Mette-Marit says she was “manipulated” in Epstein relationship as she breaks silence

Who will rule Europe next? Princess Leonor, Amalia and Elisabeth, the future queens of Europe

Princess Charlene of Monaco honors Grace Kelly with subtle gesture during Pope Leo XIV’s historic visit

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
Popular News
News

Nick Cannon admits to ‘double standard’ when it comes to dating rules for twins he shares with ex Mariah Carey

News Room News Room May 3, 2026
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s workmen finalise high security measures at Marsh Farm amid impending move
Ayesha Curry reflects on her “very disrespectful” comment about Steph Curry
Who Is Tatiana Gabriela? 5 Things to Know About Joe Jonas’ New Girlfriend
Paris Hilton’s kids London and Phoenix are all smiles in new must-see vacation photos
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

OMG Celeb

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?