By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OMG CelebOMG CelebOMG Celeb
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Reading: King Charles’ protection officers at Windsor Castle under investigation for sleeping on duty – report
Share
Font ResizerAa
OMG CelebOMG Celeb
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
OMG Celeb > News > King Charles’ protection officers at Windsor Castle under investigation for sleeping on duty – report
News

King Charles’ protection officers at Windsor Castle under investigation for sleeping on duty – report

News Room
Last updated: May 17, 2026 12:01 pm
News Room Published May 17, 2026
Share
SHARE

King Charles‘ security does vital work in keeping him and Queen Camilla safe, at home and on public engagements. However, police officers protecting the royal family at Windsor Castle are under investigation over allegations they slept while on duty, according to a new report.

Several officers on protective duties from the Metropolitan Police’s Royalty and Specialist Protection team are being investigated after concerns were raised, The Sun reported.

© Getty
Charles’ protection officers guard Windsor Castle

The allegations prompting an investigation include officers leaving posts unattended and sleeping while on duty. The Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS) has launched an investigation, and the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has been informed, the force has said.

Addressing the investigation, a Met Police spokesperson said: “The Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards has launched an urgent investigation following concerns raised regarding the conduct of a number of officers on protective duties at Windsor Castle.

Recommended videoYou may also likeWATCH: Step inside an array of royal homes

“The allegations include officers leaving posts unattended and sleeping while on duty. The alleged behaviour falls below the high standards expected of officers, particularly in frontline protective roles.”

: King Charles III, Colonel in Chief of the Coldstream Guards, inspects the regiment during a ceremony to present new Colours to the 1st and 2nd Battalion (Number 7 Company) the Coldstream Guards at Windsor Castle on June 13, 2025 in Windsor© Getty Images
King Charles hosts public-facing royal engagements at Windsor Castle

The statement continued: “The Independent Office for Police Conduct has been informed and concluded that this matter will be investigated locally by the Met. As part of their inquiries, DPS is assessing whether any of those under investigation should be placed on restricted duties. A decision is expected to be made on this before the end of next week.”

Buckingham Palace has yet to publicly address the investigation.

A revered bodyguard steps down

The news came after one of King Charles’ respected bodyguards stepped down earlier this month after years of service. The security chief, whom the Palace does not name in public, completed his final duty during the King and Queen’s state visit to the United States in April.

King Charles greeting crowd of people© AFP via Getty Images
King Charles was seen with his bodyguard during a welcome at the Royal Naval Dockyard in Bermuda

According to The Times, the historic US trip was his last tour with Charles and Camilla before entering retirement, but the royal couple is understood to have asked him to continue to work with the royal household in the future.  

King Charles greeting members of the public at the Great Bay Coast Guard Station in St. David's, Bermuda© Getty Images
King Charles’ bodyguard accompanied him while he greeted members of the public at the Great Bay Coast Guard Station in St. David’s, Bermuda

The bodyguard went viral online with royal fans commenting on his distinguished beard, comparing him to the ‘Kingsman’. Members of the public also commented on the bodyguard’s large umbrella, which has been nicknamed a “gunbrella”.  

He first gained public attention in 2022 and has since attended royal events, including Charles’ Coronation and Royal Ascot. 

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Meghan Trainor & Daryl Sabara’s Cutest Photos: See Pics of the Couple

Prince William and Prince Harry’s drastically different approaches to royal baby traditions: ‘Not your child’

Gardeners’ World presenter Arit Anderson mourns loss of BBC star Nigel Dunnett

14 ‘quiet luxury’ short nail looks that will take you into spring

Ted Turner’s Cause of Death: How Did the CNN Creator & Media Mogul Die?

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
Popular News
Entertainment

Andy and Barbara Muschietti on turning sibling chaos into creative gold

News Room News Room March 27, 2026
Vacationers beware – CDC issues travel warning as ‘life-threatening’ disease sees rising number of cases
Meet Pharrell Williams’ athletic wife and their four kids including triplets
Senator John Barrasso Pictured in Airport Amid Shutdown After Leaving D.C.
Celebrities Who Own Homes in Hawaii Amid 2026 Floods: Jason Momoa & More
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

OMG Celeb

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?