By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OMG CelebOMG CelebOMG Celeb
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Reading: What Is Stephen Colbert Doing Next After ‘The Late Show’s Cancelation?
Share
Font ResizerAa
OMG CelebOMG Celeb
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
OMG Celeb > News > What Is Stephen Colbert Doing Next After ‘The Late Show’s Cancelation?
News

What Is Stephen Colbert Doing Next After ‘The Late Show’s Cancelation?

News Room
Last updated: May 21, 2026 3:14 pm
News Room Published May 21, 2026
Share
SHARE
Image Credit: Getty Images for FLC

Stephen Colbert unwillingly became a figurative martyr for late-night TV when The Late Show was canceled in July 2025. As fellow comedians and colleagues gave him a proper sendoff, many criticized CBS for gutting the legacy show. So, what is Stephen doing next?

Below, find out what job Stephen has lined up next after The Late Show goes dark.

Why Was The Late Show With Stephen Colbert Canceled?

CBS — which is owned by Paramount Skydance — insisted that the reason for The Late Show‘s cancelation was “purely a financial decision against a challenging backdrop in late night” and “not related in any way to the show’s performance, content or other matters happening at Paramount.” 

But industry colleagues and audiences beg to differ.

Just weeks before The Late Show‘s cancelation, CBS had just settled a lawsuit with Donald Trump for $16 million after the Republican president sued the network, accusing it of editing Kamala Harris‘ 60 Minutes interview.

Although Stephen has maintained his graciousness toward CBS executives, he told The Hollywood Reporter what he believed happened between CBS and the president.

“There are many people who believe there was another reason [for my cancelation]. And, as I said in the most measured tones I could muster, there is a reason why people believe that — the network had clearly already done it once by cutting that $16 million check [to the Trump administration],” Stephen explained. “Me being canceled reinforced a narrative that CBS already had a nimbus of knee-bending that they had created around themselves, because even their lawyers said there was no reason to cut the check, and then they did and gave no rationale for why they changed their minds, and then suddenly they got their broadcast license.”

What Is Stephen Colbert Doing Next?

Stephen already had a job lined up before his show was canceled. He agreed to co-write the script for The Lord of the Rings: Shadow of the Past about a year before CBS gutted his late-night show. The comedian, who is an outspoken LOTR fan, will co-write the screenplay alongside his son Peter McGee and series screenwriter Philippa Boyens.

Producer Peter Jackson revealed Stephen’s involvement in the film in a social media video posted weeks before The Late Show‘s final episode.

“It took me a few years to scrape my courage into a pile to give you a call, but about two years ago I did,” Stephen said “You liked it enough to talk to me about it, and ever since then, the two of us have been working with the brilliant Philippa Boyens on how to develop this story.” “

Shadow of the Past will be released after the next installment, The Hunt of Gollum, which will be in theaters next year.

Was Stephen Colbert Replaced?

No. CBS canceled The Late Show altogether, without replacing Stephen as its host. However, the network did offer another person Stephen’s late-night time slot.

Comedian and businessman Byron Allen‘s Comics Unleashed will replace The Late Show in its timeslot.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Anne Hathaway is a vision in black as she turns heads in daring ‘naked’ dress

Sheriff’s ‘Nancy has been located’ post sparks outrage in Guthrie case

David Beckham revives ‘be honest’ Rolls Royce joke in hilarious 52nd birthday tribute to Victoria

Jude Law’s Kids: Meet The Actor’s 7 Children From Oldest to Youngest

Heidi Klum brings back the side boob trend with head-turning red carpet appearance

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
Popular News
News

Hailey Bieber showcases sizzling bikini body in sultry poolside photo

News Room News Room May 12, 2026
Brittany Snow stuns in tiny white bikini for her poolside milestone birthday festivities
Could Jimmy Kimmel Get Canceled? Why Melania Trump Wants Him Fired
Kate Jackson reveals the truth behind her disappearance from Hollywood
Peter Phillips and fiancée Harriet Sperling enjoy family outing 1 month before wedding day – exclusive photos
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

OMG Celeb

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?