By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OMG CelebOMG CelebOMG Celeb
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Reading: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor investigated ‘over potential sex crimes’ as new files are released
Share
Font ResizerAa
OMG CelebOMG Celeb
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
OMG Celeb > News > Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor investigated ‘over potential sex crimes’ as new files are released
News

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor investigated ‘over potential sex crimes’ as new files are released

News Room
Last updated: May 22, 2026 10:08 am
News Room Published May 22, 2026
Share
SHARE

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is being investigated over potential sex crimes, according to reports. 

Police have given an update on the criminal investigation into the former Duke of York, 66, over suspicion of misconduct in public office during his time as special trade envoy for the United Kingdom.  

Now, detectives are hoping to speak to a woman who claims she was taken to his Windsor home “for sexual purposes” and are appealing for other potential survivors of sex offender Jeffrey Epstein to come forward, according to Sky News. 

A source told the outlet that “misconduct” can cover factors including sex offences and fraud as well as finance-based crimes. According to Thames Valley Police’s website, they are “examining a number of aspects of alleged misconduct”.

 

Recommended videoYou may also likeWATCH: King Charles is asked about Andrew

The former prince was arrested on his 66th birthday in February and held for 11 hours in custody before being released amid the ongoing investigation.

A new batch of documents released by the US government in January appeared to show that Andrew had passed on sensitive information to Epstein during his time as envoy. However, he has always denied any wrongdoing. 

© Getty Images
The investigation into Andrew is continuing (pictured with brother King Charles)

Thames Valley Police said they do not comment on cases relating to named individuals, per national guidance.  

King Charles previously said of the police investigation that the “law must take its course” following the arrest. 

Investigation update

On Thursday, new details were unveiled as part of a trove of files relating to Andrew’s appointment to his trade envoy position in 2001, which gave him access to senior government and business contacts around the world.

The newly released documents show that the late Queen was “very keen” for Andrew to take on a “prominent role” promoting UK interests. 

In a memo to then-foreign secretary Robin Cook, senior official Sir David Wright said the monarch’s “wish” had been for the then-Duke of York to succeed her cousin, the Duke of Kent, in the job.

Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Our misconduct in public office investigation is continuing. Misconduct in public office is a crime that can take different forms, making this a complex investigation. 

Andrew at races with queen elizabeth and prince philip© Getty Images
The late Queen was keen for Andrew to have the trade envoy position

“Our team of very experienced detectives are working meticulously through a significant amount of information that has come in from the public and other sources. We are committed to conducting a thorough investigation into all reasonable lines of enquiry, wherever they may lead.”

Andrew’s overseas requirements

The new documents also revealed the Duke had very specific requirements for his overseas trips, including demands to visit “more sophisticated countries”. 

prince william and andrew mountbatten windsor looking serious© Getty Images
Andrew was arrested in February

He also preferred “ballet rather than theatre” and refused to play golf in public. 

A letter dated 25 January 2000, written by diplomat Kathryn Colvin, said “he tended to prefer more sophisticated countries” and “should not be offered golfing functions abroad”. 

“This was a private activity and if he took his clubs with him he would not play in any public sense,” she said. 

The document added that he was “particularly good on high-tech matters, trade, youth (including primary schools and outward bound projects), cultural events, with a preference for ballet rather than theatre, the Commonwealth and military and foreign affairs”. 

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Nancy Guthrie update: Trial set in case of Savannah Guthrie’s missing mom

NHL reporter Jessi Pierce’s final photo with kids revealed after family dies in tragic house fire — plus GoFundMe details

Noah Cyrus Then & Now: Photos of the Singer Over the Years

Did Abbey & David Break Up? ‘Love on the Spectrum’ Couple Update

Janai Norman hints at real reason for abruptly leaving GMA role in emotional video: ‘I’m so sorry’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
Popular News
Celebrity

Ricky Martin Attacked with Tear Gas Mid-Concert: Star Issues Statement

News Room News Room May 22, 2026
Jennifer Lopez & Emme Maribel Muniz: See Their Cutest Photos Together
Kai Trump Celebrates 19th Birthday with Mexican Feast and Family
Are Sydney Sweeney & Scooter Braun Still Together? Relationship Update
Who Is Monica Elfriede Witt? 5 Things to Know About the Ex-Airforce Sergeant
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

OMG Celeb

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?