By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
OMG CelebOMG CelebOMG Celeb
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Reading: ‘Three-way silence’ on Prince Harry’s security arrangements ahead of UK return
Share
Font ResizerAa
OMG CelebOMG Celeb
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royalty
  • Style
  • More Articles
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
OMG Celeb > News > ‘Three-way silence’ on Prince Harry’s security arrangements ahead of UK return
News

‘Three-way silence’ on Prince Harry’s security arrangements ahead of UK return

News Room
Last updated: August 23, 2026 4:07 pm
News Room Published August 23, 2026
Share
SHARE

Ahead of Prince Harry’s return to the UK this month, there has been a “three-way silence” surrounding the security arrangements that will be in place for the Duke and his family. 

Since stepping back as working royals, Harry, his wife Meghan Markle, and their two children lost the right to automatic taxpayer-funded 24-hour security. Harry, who employed a private security team while living in the US, previously tried unsuccessfully to challenge rulings on the protection he was entitled to while in the UK. 

Upon their return to British soil, the Duke and Duchess will remain as private individuals and non-working royals, in keeping with the agreement made in 2020. While there’s the question of what level of security the Sussexes will have once they land back in the UK, HELLO!’s royal editor, Emily Nash, tells HELLO’s A Right Royal Podcast: “Well, there’s a bit of a three-way silence on this particular angle of the story. And as we know, Harry said as recently as last year, he couldn’t see a world in which he would bring Meghan and the children back to the UK because he feared for their lives. You know, he was really talking about it in such stark terms. 

© WireImage
Harry and Meghan will reside in the UK

“I mean, the fact that the meeting with the King went unnoticed back in July until they announced it. And the fact that they were able to move about, and we know have quite a lovely summer holiday in the United Kingdom without being seen by anyone really showed that that wasn’t necessarily the case.”

Emily adds: “But that being said, obviously some kind of arrangement is now in place that they are satisfied with, and that has meant they are happy to move back here.”

“Now, sources close to Harry are not commenting on it at the moment. The Home Office, interestingly, is also not commenting, saying they wouldn’t get into specifics of individual cases. Because naturally that could undermine any security provision.” 

Prime Minister Andy Burnham has declared Harry’s security a “private matter”. 

Harry and Meghan stepped back as working royals in 2020© Getty Images
Harry and Meghan stepped back as working royals in 2020

“I think a lot of members of the public might disagree that it’s a private matter,” Emily says. “This is something that’s gone through the High Court in this country. It’s been the subject of endless legal wrangles by Harry. And the suggestion that he may now be receiving taxpayer-funded security is one that people will want to fully understand. But I think that’s something that’s going to come out in the next few days. It feels to me like they are dropping this story bit by bit to let people get used to the idea.”

Prince Harry’s security 

According to a new report by the Daily Telegraph, Harry has allegedly made a private plea to Shabana Mahmood, the Home Secretary. The publication reported that a risk assessment was carried out by the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec) in July, but its findings have not been shared with Harry. 

Prince Harry attends day 2 of a Court of Appeal hearing regarding his security at the Royal Courts of Justice on April 9, 2025 in London© Getty Images
Harry lost his challenge at the Court of Appeal over his personal security arrangements while in the UK.

In July, HELLO! revealed that Harry was planning to renew his security quest following a reunion between his children and his father, King Charles. A source told HELLO!: “He will pursue it until RAVEC agree to enact the terms of reference that were made clear in front of a judge in the judicial review. It’s about the Home Office doing what they committed to in court.”

Harry previously lost his challenge at the Court of Appeal over his personal security arrangements while in the UK. 

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Julia Roberts makes ultra-rare appearance with son Phinnaeus in heartwarming moment

William Shatner’s youthful new seaside photo has fans doing a double take

Taylor Swift’s ‘ironclad’ prenup could include one surprising clause

Tom Hardy’s very unexpected next career move after MobLand ‘axe’ revealed

BBC’s ‘addictive’ drama I, Jack Wright is perfect for Agatha Christie fans

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
Popular News
Royalty

In love and carrying on Grace Kelly’s legacy

News Room News Room August 3, 2026
Why Melania Trump skipped Lindsey Graham’s funeral as Donald Trump attended alone
Happy Days’ Henry Winkler reveals reason he might not reunite on screen with Ron Howard
Daisy Edgar-Jones, Tom Hiddleston and Jaafar Jackson lead stylish arrivals for men’s final
Zara Tindall’s tiny heatwave shorts are a royal style rule-breaker
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

OMG Celeb

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?